Thursday, March 27, 2008

Luke 5:17-39

5:38 "But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins"

Jesus reflects on how the change he brought to the contemporary Jewish thought would require the shedding of the old systems.

I wondered as I read this if I still have any "old wineskins" or if I'm trying to sew patches onto old clothing. What would constitute old wineskins in our lives? Anything that is a remnant of the sin nature, for starters. Materialism, pride, jealousy, impatience, cynicism... but enough about me. Our regeneration can't be half-hearted. It takes major changes and daily sacrifice of self to accomplish what God desires for our lives.

Lord, help me to shed my old ways and don "new wineskins." Help me to not hold on to relics of the flesh, but to run to the new treasures of Your righteousness. Thank You for fixing what was wrong in me, continue Your work.

No comments: