Monday, March 31, 2008

Luke 7:31-50

7:35 "Yet widsom is vindicated by all her children"

Jesus is displaying the foolishness of the Pharisees in their judging of John the Baptist and Jesus by meaningless standards.

I asked myself, "what are the children of wisdom?"

-Good behavior and gentle deeds (James 3:13)
-Obedience to God (Deut. 4:5-6)
-Prudence, knowledge, discretion (Prov. 8:12)
-Productivity/stability (Prov. 24:3)
-Hope (Prov. 24:14)
-Reputation for being wise (Daniel 5:14)
-Salvation (2 Tim. 3:15)

Hmm... I have some of those things, but not enough. Especially the productivity and reputation ones. But how can I get more wisdom?

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom ; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever." Psalm 111:10

Oh... Thanks, David. I knew I was named after you for a reason.

Lord, help me to fear You and only You. Help me not to fear others or social conventions. Help that fear to drive me to prayer and Your word and greater wisdom and righteousness.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you were named after David too! It's better than being named after Delilah or something. Hey, you should check out Chantal's blog sometime. I don't have a link to it, but Jenaya does, I think you would find it funny.

Love, Rachel