Friday, January 25, 2008

Exodus 7,8

7:5 "The Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the sons of Israel from their midst."

God will make His name known among men by working out His great power.

This reminds me of the idea that every creature will, at one point in time give God full acknowledgement of His sovereignty. The question is under what terms. You can submit to His holy will and He will reveal Himself to You through the ministry of His son and communion with Him in heaven. Or you can rebel against Him and He will reveal Himself in His wrath in the day of judgement. Either way, you're going to find yourself saying "great is the Lord!"

I can take this lesson to heart by making sure that I am seeking God to reveal Himself to me through my service to Him and not through Him needing to discipline me. In either case God will be glorified, but there is a greater reward for me in service.

Lord, reveal Yourself to me. I want to know You through submission to Your will. And when You have to discipline me, help me to learn more about You in those encounters as well.

No comments: