Saturday, January 26, 2008

Exodus 9,10,11,12

12:13 "The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live; and when I see the blood I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt."

God promises to offer an escape from the impending doom through the death of an innocent.

My mind started wandering over all the foreshadows of Christ in the Bible. For the ancient Jew, examples of God's love and grace portrayed in ways that seemed to mean more than just their immediate context. Examples that, to the modern day believer scream "JESUS IS COMING!" Christ's ministry is the exclamation point of the Bible. All the attributes of God are visible in the Old Testament, but Jesus makes them visceral, tangible, understandable.

If one were to read the Bible for the first time beginning to end twice, imagine the difference in reading this passage the second time. God could easily have just said "stay in your houses, and I will protect all the sons of Israel", but in this image, we see Christ proclaimed as the salvation from impending doom, being the intercessor between us and God's wrath. How wise is our God!

Is Christ the theme of my life? Does everything I do scream "JESUS CAME!"? Not really. Sometimes it does, but other times it's whispering, or it's just plain saying something else.

Lord, help me to make Christ the theme of my life. Help me to proclaim Christ in everything I do. Let Your message come out load, clear, and unadulterated.

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Thank you for making us dinner tonight! You guys are such servants! We are praying for Michelle and Daniel to get better soon and for you and Jonathan not to get it! Let us know if we can do anything for you!!!