Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Genesis 3,4,5

4:23-24 "Lamech said to his wives, 'Adah and Zillah, listen to me; wives of Lamech, hear my words. I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for injuring me. If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times.' "

How often do we try to hijack the blessings of God? When Jesus says "seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well," He is speaking of the questions "what shall we eat?", "what shall we drink?", and "what shall we wear?" But I know I've had the attitude before that I assumed God was going to get me a new job or new car because I really thought I needed it. Then I get confused or upset if it doesn't happen (or doesn't happen on my schedule).

Lamech hijacked and distorted God's blessing based on the movings of his own will, not God's. Later he complains about God's curse on the ground. I know I could do to complain less, and wait on God more.

Lord, help me to wait for you to move events according to your will, and help me to accept your will as the best possible plan for me. You know best.

No comments: