Thursday, January 17, 2008

Genesis 41

41:16 " 'I cannot do it,' Joseph replied to Pharaoh, 'but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires.' "

Joseph gives credit where credit is due. Joseph understands his talent for interpreting dreams is from God and accredits it accordingly. Joseph's explanation of where this gift comes from is revealed in Pharaoh's reaction when he says "Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one so discerning and wise as you". The condition for Joseph's wisdom is the Spirit of God.
When people ask for our help, or if we are praised for our talents, do we direct the glory to God? I'm trying to think of the last time someone said I did a good job on something...

give me a second...

Got it! I'm working on some materials for my mom for the 2008 IFCA Convention, and she frequently tells me that I'm doing a great job! Now, did I say something like, "thanks Mom, but I wouldn't be anything without God!" Well, no I didn't. I'll try to work on that.

Lord, help me to look for ways to glorify You. Help me to not bask in my own glory. Help me to use every moment as an opportunity to turn people's heads in Your direction.

No comments: