Friday, January 18, 2008

Matthew 13:33-58

13:37,38 "And He said, 'The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one;' "

What caught my attention here is that God sows the seeds, not us. It's not that we are the soil (as in the previous parable) and the seed is the gospel. In this parable we actually are the seeds. This is clear teaching of predestination.

As such, we cannot take any pride in our salvation. It is of the Lord, by the Lord, and for the Lord. But sometimes we get haughty and look down our noses at the "heathens". How dare we? We once were in that same state, and God in His wisdom and mercy, plucked us from doom. We have nothing to brag about except the name of Jesus. We can brag about how great Jesus is all day long. Too bad we spend way more time bragging about ourselves!

Lord, help me to see that I am owed no praise for the salvation I have. All the glory is due to You. Thank You for Your love shown towards me, and help me to reflect that love to the world around me.

No comments: