Sunday, January 20, 2008

Genesis 46,47,48

46:34 "You shall say, 'Your servants have been keepers of livestock from our youth even until now, both we and our fathers,' that you may live in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is loathsome to the Egyptians."

I always love how God uses some seemingly unimportant detail to work His wonderful plans. By orchestrating Israel to become a nation in the midst of Egypt, He assured political protection as well as genealogical integrity. Just by nature of the the Egyptian culture, there would be little chance of intermarriage since the occupation of Jacob's line was in itself loathsome to the Egyptians.

It reminds me of the Twila Paris song, "God is in Control". He really is! I would do well to remember that when I pray for help on some issue in my life, I'm praying to the same God who created the heavens and the earth, delivered Israel countless times, and died for the sins of the world. I should never doubt Him. I should never be worried because that same God I described loves me with an immeasurable love, so I know I'm taken care of.

Lord, help me to never doubt Your power and love. Help me to rest assured that You are in control of all things and that You will accomplish Your will no matter what happens.

No comments: